Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I am an impatient kind of person when it comes to learning.  If I am being taught something and I feel that my progress is too slow or that the material is being dumbed down for me, I'll go off on my own and try to find a more efficient way.


I'm impatient to the point that it is very difficult for me to accept instruction from others.  I tend to teach myself things that I want to know, not only because of the personal satisfaction I get out of guiding my own learning, but also because I am uneasy about being thought ignorant due to a lack of knowledge. :)
it's silly, of course, but this is the way I am.


After an incident this week in which someone was trying to show me something and I wanted to barrel ahead, I sat down with a calligraphy pen and scrawled this down.

Order of texts: Sandic - Gloss of Sandic - Smooth English of Sandic



Otefialēr ân san otoma fian
gezotob oteneot temra felē
skra man san op fian
lēé ta katiadin, otegre felē.


sugg-I-allow that knowledge should-they-do to.me
child-like-acc sugg-I-not fear-really I
because doings knowledge theirs to.me
O.you.pl the actv-help-adj-pl, sugg-I-wait I.


May I be accepting of instruction
and not be afraid of others thinking me less
because of the teaching that I recieve
O helpers, may I be accepting/patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment