Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kud ba tale:l ivi - Cauldron of changes

I've had a song stuck in my head for a good while now, and like all things that end up in there, it inevitably came out in Sandic form.

Here's a video of the song on the tube of yous, and a translation (singable!  tested it myself) version is below.  Perhaps I'll record me singing later and upload it.

What can I say?  I am a fan of repetitive chants.  They're meditative and relaxing, and great for humming innocuously at work without offending my rather devout coworkers. ;)  Add to the fact that repetition and successive loops of song are good ways to move past anxiety attacks, and you've got a music form that I adore.

Order of texts: Sandic -- Smooth English of Sandic -- Original English


kud ba talēl ivi
lēitha o yact,
rúmtda ba kala
hamar pal pela

ta kaxarain aŵahl
ta katarain aŵahl
ta usain aŵahl
ta kaxmasanin

--

Pot of the changing of everything
feather on bone,
the turning of eternity
circle at a stone

We are the ones who were
We are the ones who are
We are the who are known
The ones who learned

--

Cauldron of changes
Feather on a bone
Arc of eternity
Ring around a stone

We are the old people
We are the new people
We are the same people
Wiser than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment