Sunday, December 9, 2012

Uxmici kaevo

I enjoy this chant, so I translated it.

The funny thing about chants is that I remember them when I want to sing them for fun, but almost never when I actually need them. ;)  I have panic attacks over ridiculous things, so the few times I remember them they're wonderful tools to get myself back into alignment.  (Something about the rhythm and repetitiveness breaks the panic feedback loop for me.)

They're so useful.

"talēl yahl", the last line, is not really "I am changing".  It's something more like... "I am, changingly"- "My being is change", or even "I am change".  "I am changing" is just "katalēli yahl".  Still, "I am changing" is the easiest English for that spot, so I've left it as the others are ugly.

Order of texts:  Sandic -- Smooth English of Sandic -- Original English
--
*


Uxmici kaevo
kamalēimi béno
kamai hélo
talēl yahl 

Water has birthed (me)
Cleansing powerfully
Acting for healing
I am changing


Born of water
cleansing powerful
healing changing
I am



*image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment