Thursday, August 15, 2013

watch over my words as I tell the old stories - mîbin me olëétjér mér jae

Broke my one post per day rule, I know.  Sorry.  If I don't post it now, I will forget to and it will be lost.  I know myself that well.

Another one from "a book of pagan prayer".  I really have fallen in love with it.

As with the previous submission, no original English out of respect for the fact that it is published.  If you are pagan, or interested in alternative prayer, this is really worth checking out.

Only modification here is that I added "and new" when speaking about the stories.  The original speaks only of the old ones.

Listen here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s17X2U3CELbX


Order of texts: Sandic -- Smooth English of Sandic
-----

Mîbin me olëétjér mér jae me
Frn ta kamban nabein wî lëlain,
Ân otiab gamia otetora.
Iab ba ialthab jémoni kagriawi olëéma,
Dé ta nocran aww ta lëiakéman siadlëlain aww pal tau ba hel,
Gre ba sem kéman,
Gre kala.

----

Guide my words when i speak
The stories old and new,
That i may give them out correctly.
Make me the link of chain of today, which reaches
To the nights of our earliest ancestors before the fire,
Until the end of men,
Until eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment