Thursday, November 28, 2013

Le:ian monab auzoi ba gobthii!

Not much to submit today.  I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

In Sandic, Thanksgiving is usually rendered as ba mon aan kaja (The day for thanking).  Something funny happened to me yesterday, though, so this year I am instead wishing you something different!

A customer with whom I always speak Spanish at work came in yesterday, and on her leaving, I wanted to wish her a happy holiday.  I couldn't remember- and didn't know- the word in Spanish for Thanksgiving, so she completed my sentence for me!

"Feliz dia...."
"...del pavo!"

"Happy... turkey day!"

I thought that was hilarious, so now I'm passing on the joy to you.



Le:ian monab auzoi ba gobthii, le:ee ta ivin!
Happy Turkey Day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment