Tuesday, June 5, 2012

McGuffey reader.

Saw someone doing something similar on the blog agreggator, and since a certain someone might benefit from simple pulled-apart texts, I decided to try my hand at a few painfully simple sentences.  I modified number four.



[1] I see a boy.
Kanab yraug.
Kan-ab y-raug.
boy-acc. I-see.

[2] I see a girl.
Aénab yraug.
aén-ab y-raug.
Girl- acc. I-see.

[3] I see a boy and a girl.
Kanab yraug wî aénab.
kan-ab y-raug wî aén-ab.
boy-acc. I-see and.also girl-acc.

[4] The boy sees the girl.*
Ba kan karaug ba aénab.
Ba kan ka-raug ba aén-ab.
The boy he-sees the girl-acc.

[5] I can see the girl and the boy.
Ba aénab wî ba kanab (otiab) yméâ ân raug.
Ba aén-ab wî ba kan-ab otiab y-méâ ân raug.
The girl-acc. and.also the boy-acc (them.acc) I-am.able "to" see.

[6] I can see the girl.
Ba aénab yméâ ân raug.
Ba aén-ab y-méâ ân raug.
The girl-acc I-am.able "to" see.

Thanks of course to this awesome dude.

1 comment: