Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What I love most about rivers...

Yesterday while at work I started spontaneously translating a fragment of a song from Pocahontas.  Figured I'd share with you all.

I made it rhyme and was humming it all day at work, haha.

I'm a cruel person, so I uploaded a version of me singing it in my horrible voice.  You're welcome. (I'm sorry.)

Order of texts:
Original English
Sandic
Smooth English


---
What I love most about rivers is
You can't step in the same river twice.
The water's always changing, always flowing,
But people I guess can't live like that,
We all must pay a price.
To be safe we lose our chance of ever knowing,
What's around the riverbend,
Waiting just around the riverbend!

I look once more, just around the riverbend,
beyond the shore!

---

Frn peradan bal ân emac ra-
gator perad berai baahl gre srît.
Ba kaevo bafac kahami semab
A kéman jédko oneot ma-
otjere ân otian ade ora-
safin awwneot méâ ân wwian masan
frn kia pal marumt batoka...
frn kia pal marumt batoka!


Ejj felë eraug,
wwak pal marumt ba perad
gre réjgrao!

---

I really like rivers because-
a river is never the same after some time.
The water flows without ever ceasing
But people don't do that-
They've got to acceptingly just give it up-
Safe, we can never learn about
what's around the corner there!
what's around the corner there!


I look again,
at the corner of the river
past the shore!

No comments:

Post a Comment