Thursday, September 6, 2012

Memes in Sandic

I wanted badly to do something productive today with my language, but I for the life of me couldn't figure out what.

Zoidberg rescued me, though.

It occurs to me that memes are wonderful for testing conlangs- they have short texts which can be translated in either difficult or simple ways- often with slang involved.  So why not try them with Sandic?

On a related note, these are totally getting printed out and stuck to my bedroom door.


"Bal ân daniab péwîc ân kéndu?
Skra kia kiab opéneot ba Zoetbiarrg?"
"Is-it "that" something(acc.) you-want "to" translate?
Reason why him(acc.) sugg.you.not the Zoidberg?"
"You want to translate something?
Why not Zoidberg?"

"Daniab exneot sa ân ma jaeact me
Memsabin otiab sandin exkéndu"
"Thing.uncertain(acc.) I.past.not know "to" do
Memes(acc.) them(acc.) sandic(pl.adj) I.past.translate"
"I didn't know what to do with my language
I translated some memes"

"Bal ân mem iat baahlra dania
Fî ân pa jaeact ujini uxkéndui baahl?"
"Is-it "that" meme still it.is.truly thing-uncertain
If "that" in language invented translated it-is?"
"Is something still a meme
If it's translated into a conlang?"

"Memsabin otiab felē éra yneot ma
a fî ân memabnia biab yma, biab sandi ykéndu"
"Memes(acc.).uncertain them(acc.) I many I.not make
But if meme(acc.).uncertain it(acc.) I-make, it(acc.) sandic I.translate"
"I don't often make memes, 
But when I do, I translate them into Sandic"


And as a bonus (not in Sandic, but peripherally related):

No comments:

Post a Comment