Friday, September 28, 2012

Lé jebé - The body

I spent some time doodling on the porch today, and spontaneously came up with a body-parts sheet.


I am proud of myself. Of these, I only had to look up three of them.

Amusingly, "anen", the word for mouth, was remembered in my head as "anenab" because of a song that I translated not too long ago, "aal iz well". The word for mouth otherwise has been very rarely used, so it was the accusative form (from the phrase "anenab opeemajten", "open your mouth") which sprang to mind.

I wonder why the picture came out so small?  If I have time later, I will upload a more better-er one or just type out a list of what's there.


Also, continuing my recent prayer flag kick, I have over the past few days graduated to cloth flags. :)
These below read (top first, then bottom, left to right):
"lēaactab, damdabin, kunkabin, 
éwúb ân gre, safpab."
"Happiness, food, companions,
patience, shelter."

No comments:

Post a Comment