Friday, June 7, 2013

Antho post #4

A bit late in the evening, this one.  But oh well :p

See, I *can* do only one post per day!  Just as promised.  Because this one is short, I packaged it with a new translation of a prayer that has special meaning to someone special to me. :)  Enjoy!

The older one is a translation of the opening of the Iliad.  The second, newer, one is a translation of this prayer- slightly modified, of course.  I'll translate it below.

---

Frn éngra Okant*
(2009)



Frn éngrâ olēékant, lēé jwr,
olēékant frn éngra ba alēkiales...
frn ba éngra, ta alēkeananian otian baxma ân otoahl upurin,
frn ba éngra, ta erorabin hédesian baxmia...
----


And then the new one:

Iné
(2013)


Iné, ŵak uraugi kaahl ada me.
Iné, ŵak uraugi aahl ama me.
Iné! ŵak uraugin oahl lēiakéman me gre ba rep.
Iné! Fian omalēî ra. Fian omalēî ân ialth oteahl pa hafan ba Valhala, pa ŵak otejjew gre kala ta taraminin.
-

Lo there is my father seen.
Lo there is my mother seen.
Lo there my ancestors unto the beginning are seen
Lo, they call to me- they call to me to be part of those who are in the halls of Valhalla, that place where the brave will live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment